The Ordnance Survey map of 1901 marks the spring as Lion Spring. Today the stone work still stands, but in a state of disrepair.
Tag: Long Crendon
THIS delightful tale of a visit to Long Crendon, when the age of needlemaking was about to die, first appeared in The Redditch Indicator in 1892.
There is a legend of an underground tunnel that runs from Notley Abbey, near Long Crendon, to The Prebendal, at Thame.
In the village of Long Crendon there are reports of a ghostly horse rider who can still be heard galloping through the village.